Thanks for hanging in there with us as pandemic fatigue sets in. Since re-opening in May, there have been zero documented transmissions at Altius, and we really want to keep it that way! Please continue to follow these important policies to help keep everyone safe:
- Limit one adult per participant in the lobby. Consider dropping off/picking up your child if possible. Children under 5 should be accompanied by an adult to help with the bathroom if needed.
- Make sure to wear a mask over your mouth and nose.
- Provide your child with a properly fitting mask. Masks that are too small often end up with a wet spot over the mouth; masks that are too large fall down from noses after every turn.
- If there is a case in your family, a suspected contact, your child is ill, or your child has been quarantined from school, please stay home from gymnastics. (Review our make up policy below - you can now schedule make ups online through your portal!)
Boys are learning the fundamental support and swing movements on parallel bars, pommel horse, high bar, and rings. Gymnastics is a great way for boys to work on their strength, coordination, agility, and focus, all in a fun and challenging environment!
A number of gymnastics clubs in Wisconsin have recently closed their Boy's Programs due to the pandemic. We appreciate your participation in our program and ask that you please help spread the word about the benefits of gymnastics for both boys and girls! Check out our Boys Team in action HERE!
Our current Kindergym Theme is "First & 10!" and focuses on ball handling and eye-hand coordination as well as traditional gymnastics. Our 3 & 4 years olds (Flares & Flames) are working on their pull overs on bars by walking their feet up a mat, then kicking over the bar. Our 1 & 2 year olds (Sparks & Sparklers) have been working on building their grip strength by swinging on the rings and squeezing mini-footballs. Next up is our "Creepy Crawly" Halloween theme.
Girls Beginner & 1/2's
Beginners and Class 1-2 gymnasts are working on their backward rolls and headstands on floor. They just finished up a lesson plan focused on cartwheels. On bars, we're getting inverted with "skin the cats."
Girls 3/4, Novice 1/2 & Advanced 3/4
Our more experienced and older gymnasts are learning drills for kips and taps swings on bars. A kip is an important skill used to mount (get up on) the bars, even in the Olympics. You can check out a video of Simone Biles doing a kip for her first skill HERE! (She also does 3 other kips in her routine...can you spot them all?)
Our ninja classes have been working on individual obstacle technique such as rope swing, balance blocks, and the angle steps. Over the next few weeks they'll be putting everything together in longer courses and challenges.
For the health and safety of our customers, Altius is not running special events at this time. We hope to resume events with limited capacity and COVID precautions in place during the school year.
Policy Update - Make Up Classes
NOW AVAILABLE - Report Absences and Schedule Make Ups through your Portal!
It's not required to let our office know about planned absences ahead of time, but we do appreciate it! Our customer portal allows you to submit your absences online ahead of time; no need to call or stop at the front desk! We allow one makeup per month, and it must be scheduled ahead of time either through your portal or with our office staff.
- Go into your Altius Portal to log absences.
- You can select one or multiple children, select the date range, and the portal will give you a list of classes that you would miss in that range.
- Select the classes that you’ll miss, and our office will be notified.
- Our office staff will then confirm if the class is eligible or not for a makeup.
- All eligible makeups are available from your portal.
- You can then select a class to make up, do a search for potential options, and schedule your makeup date and time.
- If you are scheduling a makeup through the portal, the class must be at least one day out. For same-day makeups, contact our office directly.
- Makeups cannot be scheduled for more than 2 weeks in the future.
- Not seeing any options? Contact our office and we can help you find a fit.
- Makeups expire two months after the absence, and must be taken during that class session (School Year classes cannot be made up in Summer, for example).
Remember to Like Us on Facebook! for the latest info on Altius Events
and Download our NEW Mobile App for alerts,
exclusive coupons, and punch card reward programs!
|Altius Gymnastics Academy|
9670 S. Franklin Drive - Franklin, WI 53132
You are receiving this email because of your relationship with Altius Gymnastics Academy. To ensure that you continue to receive emails from us, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.